HIBI participants receive:
1. Payments for the monthly cost of all or a portion of your commercial health insurance premium.
Checks are made out to the commercial health insurance clients or designated payee on file.
2. Reimbursements for deductibles, coinsurance, and co-pays.
When the HIBI member receives health care services from a non-participating Medicaid provider, HIBI will cover the cost of copays, coinsurance, and deductibles when documentation demonstrates your insurance company has processed the claim as a paid claim.
3. Continued Medicaid benefits.
HIBI participation does not affect your eligibility for Medicaid.
If you are found eligible for HIBI, your added health insurance coverage offers:
- Specific services not covered by Medicaid.
- Specialists from a wider network of doctors.
- Possible payment of health insurance premiums for a non-Medicaid policyholder.
The portion of the premium covering plan members who are not Medicaid-eligible may be paid by the HIBI program, if paying the full premium amount is necessary to obtain coverage for the Medicaid-eligible client(s). The program will not cover the deductibles, coinsurance and copays of a non-Medicaid policyholder. Learn more.