HIBI participants receive:
1. Payments for the monthly cost of all or a portion of your commercial health insurance premium.
Checks are made out to the commercial health insurance clients or designated payee on file.
2. Reimbursements for deductibles, coinsurance, and co-pays.
When the HIBI member receives health care services from a non-participating Health First Colorado provider, HIBI will cover the cost of copays, coinsurance, and deductibles when documentation demonstrates your insurance company has processed the claim as a paid claim.
3. Continued Health First Colorado benefits.
HIBI participation does not affect your eligibility for Health First Colorado.
If you are found eligible for HIBI, your added health insurance coverage offers:
- Specific services not covered by Health First Colorado.
- Specialists from a wider network of doctors.
- Possible payment of health insurance premiums for a non-Health First Colorado policyholder.
The portion of the premium covering plan members who are not Health First Colorado-eligible may be paid by the HIBI program, if paying the full premium amount is necessary to obtain coverage for the Health First Colorado-eligible client(s). The program will not cover the deductibles, coinsurance and copays of a non-Health First Colorado policyholder. Learn more.