Continuing Your Eligibility
How can I help avoid payment interruptions and remain eligible for HIBI?
- Keep your Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program) dependent(s) enrolled in the policy that is on file.
- Avoid any unnecessary changes that may change the cost-effectiveness of your application on file.
- Provide proof of premium payment when it is requested.
- Notify the program of changes, including:
– Insurance policy or plan
– Premium deduction/ payment amount
– Health First Colorado member(s) status change
How will I find out if I am no longer eligible for the HIBI Program?
If you become ineligible at any time, your monthly payments will stop and you will receive a letter in the mail with the reason for this determination. Please note that the program will verify your commercial health insurance regularly.
Remember, your HIBI eligibility and your Health First Colorado eligibility are separate. Losing HIBI eligibility does not affect your Health First Colorado eligibility.
How long will I be eligible for HIBI participation after I give birth?
Depending on your case, women are often eligible for the HIBI Program up until the month following the baby’s month of birth. At which point, you may reapply to the program if you have access to Health First Colorado, are enrolled in commercial health insurance and have high health care costs not related to pregnancy. Contact us for more information.